Art Requirements for 4 Color Process Plastic Roll Banners
File Setup Intructions for 4 Color Process Plastic Roll Banners
We accept files from both Mac and Windows platforms and most graphics software. Files can be saved in the following formats:
- .EPS – Encapsulated PostScript- of any type
- .PSD – Adobe PhotoShop
- .AI – Adobe Illustrator
- .PDF – Portable Document Format
- .JPG – Joint Photographic Experts Group
- .TIF – Tagged Image File Format
Note: We prefer applications files and .pdfs – as close to 300 dpi at full size as possible
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MAX REPEAT FOR 4 COLOR PROCESS FLEXO PRINTED ROLL BANNERS IS 36″ **
** PLEASE CALL NORTHCOAST BANNERS AT 800-231-4213 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT 4 COLOR PROCESS ART LAYOUT **
File Transfer / Upload Instructions
- Go to the NorthCoast Banners upload artwork form. It’s easy. We take files as large as 2 GB.
- E-mail (files under 5mb only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 800-231-4213 with any file upload / transfer questions!
- If you require PMS color matching, specify all PMS colors or CMYK values and send us a hard copy proof for matching.
- When color is critical, please do not embed images or flatten the layers. Instead, leave the layers intact and link to any images.
- Maintain the same color mode throughout your work space (i.e. do not set up your document in CMYK color and then link or embed images that are in RGB colors if possible). Mixing color modes in the same document can produce unexpected results.
Size and Resolution
- Document Set Up: Setup your document in proportion to your final output size and desired resolution at FINAL size.
- Vector Files: We highly recommend using vector-based artwork and text on larger graphics whenever possible for optimum results and easier file management. If raster-based photos or images are to be used within the vector artwork, please refer to the raster file guidelines below.
- Raster Files – Sizing and Resolution:
- If banners will be viewed at a distance less than 24″, make resolution 300 dpi at final size
- If banners will be viewed at a distance beyond 24″, make resolution 150 dpi at final size
- Scaling Raster Files: When scaling your raster-based files, keep in mind each time we need to double the size of your artwork, the resolution drops by half. Call us at 800-231-4213 with any scaling questions!
- Create outlines / convert to curves – HIGHLY PREFERRED over using fonts themselvesOR
- Send us all fonts used in the file (if you must use fonts)
If you have questions on any of the above call 1-800-231-4213 and we’ll gladly guide you through the process.